Yesterday was a day that I know I’ll look back on and smile for quite some time. Not only did everything seem to fall into place, but I had the pleasure of taking a yoga class guided by none other than Rachel Brathen aka yoga_girl (instagram)
Here is how the day unfolded:
- I put on my awesome new yoga outfit
- I enjoyed a scrumptious breakfast of fresh strawberries, french toast and eggs outdoors right next to a fountain.
- The drive was shorter than I expected with little to no traffic, which I thought was odd because LA usually is packed!
- I arrived early, so I took a short drive around the city and when I came back I found the perfect free parking spot directly across the street of the venue. I parked, walked across the street and took my place near the front of the line 🙂
- I waited in line for roughly 2 hours, but I made the most of it and stretched and meditated and soaked in the energy around me.
- When we were finally able to start entering, the guy scanned my ticket and for a brief moment it said my ticket wasn’t valid! I had a mini panic attack, but he scanned it again and I set my mat up in the second row near the stage!
- There were so many vendors selling clothes, jewelry and yoga necessities and not to mention they had a bar?! what?! Yep, mimosas and beer and mixed drinks, oh my! I didn’t indulge, but I thought it was cool.
- 30 minutes pass and finally Rachel comes out and introduces herself. She gives a short background about herself and chats us up for about 15 minutes. It was nice.
- Then, we got right into the yoga! As Rachel put it, “get this party started!” We did. We definitely partied in the best way that yogis can party. The practice was fun and challenging. She made us work, but I’m glad she did. She talked us through everything and even got my mind thinking. I discovered a lot about myself and my body. We ended with a very long savasana. It was unexpected, but much welcomed.
- After the yoga, Rachel answered several questions and I actually got to sit on stage with her. Can you see me?
- Once the Q&A portion was over, we gathered in a circle around her for hugs and a short talk 1-on-1. It was everything.
- I was sad to leave, but I had to. I got home around 8 or 9 and my amazing husband cooked me a hot meal to end my entire day on a happy note. This is what he made me.
- It was certainly one of the best days I’ve had in a while.
Thanks for tuning in! Chat with you all next time!